Saturday 16 December 2017

Day 16 - There Is Now a Chair...

...and a mantel for the fireplace. I dug out a fireguard kit from Camp MiniHaHa a long time ago, and will try that for the fireplace. The chair is Day 4, the fire guard is part of Day 13 while the mantel was actually part of Day 1....



Those bits bristling with pins are the various components of the chair. I used a design from Carol and Nigel Lodder's book, Making Dolls House Interiors,  a style I hadn't tried before. I didn't use foam, as I find it really deteriorates with age, and turns into powder. I would like to add some piping to the chair, so perhaps tomorrow I will try Kris Compass' technique for rolled piping - that should get glue everywhere!



The chimney breast is now glued in, but I still haven't glued up the walls, because I want to try a special finish on the mantel and hearth first, while I can work without corners and edges. If my thinking on the finish works, I'll describe it in another post; if it doesn't, both those pieces will have to be repainted and rethought....

The colour scheme is still harmonious, as I had hoped. I must admit I was a bit concerned about using stark black in a miniature. And I still haven't had to buy anything except the view out of the window. Which goes to show that I have way too much stuff in my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment