Friday 28 April 2017

One Quarter Done



The corner with the water basin and the lantern is now done to my satisfaction. I added a bush (foam ball cut in half, painted, coated in railroad coarse "grass"), a hosta plant, some pinkish stuff kind of the same colour as the Japanese maple under the hosta, and a stepping stone and grass. The grayish things to the left of the lantern are plastic plant parts, as some height in a neutral colour was required there.

Next, I have to make more hydrangeas for the bush that will go in the other quarter of this size of the garden. Five flower heads have been made, but I think I'll need at least a dozen to make a good show.
That's for tomorrow, along with many, many leaves....

3 comments:

  1. Your little garden looks very peaceful and the water feature fits in Beautifully with your lantern and the other growing plants! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elizabeth. The hard thing is going to be not to overcrowd, and yet get a good balance going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Marijke! I can hardly wait to see it at the Moncton show! - Marilyn D., Oromocto, NB, Canada

    ReplyDelete