Saturday 8 October 2016

Finally, Life is Slightly Back to Normal

I did not get around to posting the gifties and tidbits from Camp MiniHaHa because two members of my family were hit by the flu after I got home. However, I have pretty much tidied things up, and today, while waiting to get rid of a possible virus on the computer, I got around to taking the photos.

Keep in mind the camp theme this year was Crazy Cat Ladies, and I did warn you in a previous post that there would be cats.




Lynn M. made this metal bar cart, complete with glasses and wine bottles. She learned to solder doing this project - wish I had the courage to try that on my own! The cart has real casters.




This lovely blue distressed cupboard and fabric-lined basket were made by Marilyn D. This blue colour is one I've used for a number of "old" furniture pieces, which means I have to put on my thinking cap and design a setting to showcase them all. Hmm, perhaps the room box rumoured to be part of this year's club project....




I did warn you there would be cats! I just couldn't resist this photo of our cat, Cupcake, checking out the miniature mother cat with her kittens. Their food dishes, complete with water and kibble, stand nearby. This gift came from Liz D., and will get a space in this year's camp vignette; I think I have the perfect spot for it.


This is a look down into the secret fairy garden box Myra T. made; it is a little hard to see from this angle, but there is a tiny purple dragon peeking out from under the bush at the lower left. The frog in the walnut shell garden chair appears to be the garden's owner.




I traded one of my gifts for this 1/24th scale pottery set from JoAnne S. Next year's project will be in that scale, but I  will likely have to miss next year's camp due to family stuff. I actually got a portable work station, consisting of a self-healing cutting mat on one side and an ironing pad on the other, but as I had a larger version of that in my quilting supplies, I traded it for the above. I will have to come up with a setting for these tiny pottery pieces as well.  


  

And this is the collection of tidbits: a bag, silly funny cat pin, industrial piping shelf, cat picture, sticker, "dead" plant, camp bag with fairy wand (preview of next year's project), basket, barrel, cat backside sticking out of a paper bag, challenge in an Altoids-type tin, stacking and opening boxes, ceramic canisters, books, a set of puzzles in a box, pictures, a cat treat kit complete with teeny fish-shaped cat treats (laser-cut), cat toy, basket of felted balls, seaside montage, pencil cup (made from a pencil eraser top) with pencils, a dish of sweets, cat colouring pages with a box of colouring pencils, a prep board for a fish dinner,  funky coat rack, a teeny mouse with a transparent tail, another mouse eating cat kibbles, and printies that can be used in a number of settings. I expect I missed something, the photo is rather small unfortunately.

Some of these items will go into existing settings, others will go into this year's project and last year's, and some I have to put some thinking into. The ingenuity shown by campers never ceases to amaze me, and there are so many different craft disciplines represented here. It seems that miniaturists are also into quite a few other crafty areas, or perhaps miniatures encourage us to explore other crafts as well.

We have a couple of busy weeks ahead, as our upcoming Miniature and Doll Show is happening in less that two weeks, so there may be gaps in the posting. I did finish the street lamp, and will get a photo of that, lit up, once I tidy up the interior of the books vignette; travel over bumpy secondary highways caused the contents of the  room box to fall over. Hundreds of tiny books....

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as though you had a Wonderful time at Camp MiniHAHA,Marijke!
    Your collection of Tidbits and Treasures have found a new home with you, and I know that the scenes which you will be showcasing them will be something Exciting to look forward to as well! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete