Tuesday 2 August 2016

This Is a Busy Summer

I thought I'd better check in and let you know that I am still around, although miniatures have had to take a backseat this summer; we are busy constantly, and already the next three weekends are taken up with events.


Minis have had to wait while I try to finish some other projects - I am running out of space! The main difficulty is that I have to order just about everything electronically. I'd love to be filling up the Tudor Apothecary buildings, for example, but I need to make shelving etc. for them. I can no longer pick up decent basswood locally, as the only store carrying it has a very low-end brand that just doesn't work for decent miniature furniture.


The other problem currently is the low Canadian dollar; as most of the supplies I need have to be paid for in US $, even if they come from Canada, the price goes up 30% immediately. I keep hoping things will settle down, but it is a very s-l-o-w process!


Bear with me, please! I am hoping things will settle down, just a little, later in August. In the meantime, enjoy your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment