Thursday 10 March 2016

Granite Sets Sidewalk



Sponge-painted the sidewalk for my book vignette yesterday, now I have to give it three seal coats and then see if I need grout. The spaces between the bricks are rather too noticeable, right now. I've used drywall patching for this in the past, and then flooded the (sealed) bricks with a dirty water wash to tone down the white compound.


The front right corner is supposed to get a street light....


Today was my working day, so aside from the sealer (I use outdoor matte sealer pre-grouting), it is unlikely I will get anything else done.  The edges of the base will get a nice oak strip finish once the whole project is finished. And once the grout is done, I can plant some moss and weeds at the base of the book foundation.

2 comments:

  1. You've got a lot done, Marijke. It looks great! - Marilyn D., Oromocto, NB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Te está quedando preciosa!!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete