Saturday 6 February 2016

Google News, What It Did

This is just a quick note to say that Google or gmail will no longer allow people who do not have one of their gmail accounts to access any Google blogs, like this one. I discovered this when I read a blog from the UK that had seen the number of "members" go way down in a couple of days; like that blogger, I "lost" about 10 of my members over the course of a couple of days as well. However, that blogger was notified of the changes coming, which I wasn't. I wondered if I had seriously upset people somehow!


If anyone reading this blog has friends who wonder why they can't access the blogs they follow any more, the above is the reason. A number of people are rather upset by this, but all I can say is, we are blogging and viewing without having to pay for it (so far!).


I am finishing several quilting projects between now and a week from Tuesday, so if I don't write, I haven't been banned (I hope!), I am just working hard at other hobbies. In the meantime, I am working on miniatures in my head, so there should be something coming up in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this info. I knew something was wrong. I lost 7 followers and don't know who they are. Do you check your stats (audience)? Last week it said I had 1203 views from Russia and 95 from the US. I know it's the other way around. I was a little upset but there's probably nothing we can do. What Google wants, Google gets. Thanks again
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do check my audience, and always wonder who, in Russia and China, is so interested in my miniature musings....
    They're probably phishing for access.

    ReplyDelete