Thursday 17 September 2015

....Still More Books and a Bookstand



I put together a few more books yesterday evening, modern books with mat board "insides" and a few thicker balsa wood (with painted edges) books, as well as some pocket books. More book covers await assembly, along with the mat board and balsa I am using for their faux pages.



This delicate little bookstand is a kit from Art of Mini, and was a gift from Dollshouse and Miniature Scene magazine a year or so ago. It was a bit fiddly to put together, as the wood is very thin indeed. I ended up using FabriTac, an instant glue my seamstress daughter uses, as wood glue just wouldn't work. The piece was laser cut, so will get a coat of painted "stain" once everything is dry. Another UFO done, it will hopefully display an open book with wonderful illustrations - I just have to either make or acquire it! The stand did come with a Victorian cookbook printie, and while I probably will make it, it really isn't the sort of thing my Steampunk antiquarian bookseller would display; a set of Leonardo da Vinci machine drawings would be much more in "period".


1 comment:

  1. Cuantos libros!!! El trabajo se verá recompensado cuando montes la escena,ya lo verás!!
    El atril es una pieza preciosa y muy delicada!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete