Tuesday 16 October 2012

Working on CMHH12 Project



This year's Camp MiniHaHa project was an inside-outside scene. The interior is mostly done, and I am beginning to make the flowers for the small outside garden. The hollyhocks were an experiment, one I am very pleased with; they are made with coffee filters, markers, paint and the usual bits and pieces of mini flowers. Coffee filters take colour very well, especially professional markers like Copics, which have a pointy end and a flat, chisel-point end. They do take time, though; about three days from start to finish, with all the drying times in between!

3 comments:

  1. I have not tried to make any flowers with coffee filters but seeing these lovely flowers I think I will try that the next time I can make time to play. Every weekend keeps getting filled up with things to do and I need to find some time to play with my minis. If I ever do find time I may have some questions so I will ask away if that is OK with you. Thanks for sharing. Judy from Camp and Penticton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, feel free to email and ask questions, and I will be very happy to answer. That is one of the reasons that I started this blog. Here's hoping you will soon have some time for re-creation of your self with minis...

      Delete